Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kate Jacob's Comfort Food


Well, here is a book I was excited about. I'd heard good things (mostly) about Kate Jacob's book "The Friday Night Knitting Club" and when I came across her book "Comfort Food" I had to read it. The story's main character has a show on Food TV which, being a "foodie" as some would call it, I watch constantly. All of the real life Food TV celebrities are noted in the book and there is mention of Oregon...so I was excited to get started.
Well, I started.........BORING. I tried and tried and BORING. This is the first book ever that I will not finish ......which for anyone that knows me says a lot because even if I hate a book I finish it (optimistically hoping it will get better). The fact that I watch the cooking channel, know who all the characters are (since they are celebrity chefs) and have a knowledge of cooking means I should have found at least something redeeming about this novel in the first 100 pages. All I found was a whole lot of boring. I must say I'm disappointed.

The good news is "The Shack" arrived on Thursday and the author is from Oregon and I have not yet heard a poor review, there is hope that I will finish this one, and do so quickly!

No comments: