Friday, December 12, 2008


I just finished "How Starbucks Saved my Life" and LOVED it. It is non-fiction and the author tells stories of growing up privileged. He had the opportunity to meet many famous people, living the American dream and then losing it all and by chance, being offered a job at Starbucks.
The story shows proof that money doesn't buy happiness.

A lot of the book shares Starbucks business plan....and the requirement to always show respect. Making the "guests" feel welcome in the store, etc. I have to say what is written in the book about the "partners" (starbucks employees) going out of their way to know their customers drinks and to take care of them was really highlighted throughout the book.

In fact, just a week ago my sister-in-law and I met up at Starbucks in Wilsonville. I had brought my 5 year old nephew a Lego advent calendar and while we visited, he was attempting to put together one of the little kits. He dropped some of the itty bitty Lego pieces and while my sister-in-law and I were looking for them under the couches an employee walked up and asked what we'd lost. He then got on HIS hands and knees and announced that his "hawk eyes" had found the tiny piece we were missing...way underneath the couch and gave it back to my nephew. Talk about great customer service!!!

No comments: